The SciPhy process begins by extracting information about the “modes” of an instrument or timbre which has been previously analysed using spectral analysis. The Modes can be thought of as the harmonic resonances of a spectrum at any given point.
SciPhy can smoothly morph between data from multiple preanalysed spectra. The modal information from the spectrum are then used in the SciPhy as the basis for an exotic additive resynthesis.
In SciPhy resynthesis ,the partials can be modulated with arbitrary shapes running at LFO or sample rate frequencies. The phase, frequency and amplitude of each partial can be made to affect each resynthesised partial differently. This totally unique effect is perfect for adding nuance and movement across the spectrum or far out spectral warping effects.
Finally, the result can be mixed with two carefully designed effects (read more details and hear examples lower down on the page).
- Ships with over 50 presets designed by Cristian Vogel to get you started.
- Future updates and more exclusive presets included for free
- The SciPhy and the ModalAnalysis prototypes are included for use in your own designs
- 26 preanalysed source timbres are included by default and you can always add more!
- 141 wavetable shapes from the 4096 Volume One pack are included for free
Compatible with Paca and Pacarana hardware. Requires Kyma 7.