These examples were all created by exploring “4096 Volume One” in the Kyma Seven Signal Symbol Lab.
Signs? Signals? Characters? Scores? What are these shapes? What do they mean!?
Welcome to the Signal Symbol Lab.
Here we will be exploring the multidimensional microcosm of wavetables – specifically all the characters of 4096 Volume One (which is included for free when you subscribe). By designing and experimenting with Kyma sounds, we will explore wavetable composition with our ears, discovering how the geometric and structural properties of different waveforms radically change the timbre and tone of musical sounds. We will listen to their unique sonic characters when they are used as oscillators or waveshapers or amplitude envelopes or frequency modulators and more. But not only that. In the Signal Symbol Lab, we will also explore with our eyes. Discover simple techniques for animation in Kyma taking advantage of the fact that every signal contained in 4096 Volume One has also been rendered as a visual symbol.
When you subscribe to the Signal Symbol Lab, you get:
- a growing library of exclusive Kyma sounds and samples designed by Cristian Vogel
- regular automatic updates and additions (via Dropbox)
- access to the Lab live chat channels on your phone or desktop (via Slack)
- free license to use all sounds and source material in your own work
- 4096 Volume One and ‘mist(C90) included for free
Only compatible with Kyma Seven